is it because i'm getting older, wiser, what could it be?

i'm finding a love for goodwill. i have recently bought myself several sweaters from there. In the past you would have never caught me dead in that store...but here lately i find myself wondering what new things they may have. i get excited thinking about going. I have found some like-new clothes the past week! I don't think i will ever pay regular price for myself a dress shirt or sweater again. I did not like the childrens section though. As for now i will continue to buy my son's clothes new..all the kids clothes looked pretty run down..but all i have to say is I LOVE GOODWILL.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ME TOO! I go there every week. I love all the goodies I find.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Here in GA we also have a store called Value Village it is much cheaper than Goodwill, I love both of them.
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• OMG! I love Value Village! I have found some of the BEST clothes there! I bought my favorite leather coat from there!

I'm a thrift store junkie, because you find clothes there that you cannot find elsewhere. i have found top notch stuff a thrift stores!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i live in GA..ive never heard of value village..i'm gonna have to look it up..thanks
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I live in Seattle, the stigma that is found in other places isn't found here, when I was younger, thrift store finds were considered cool, that was during the grunge era..doesn't matter anyway, a bargain is a bargain however you look at it..I once found a camel color suede jacket with a faux fur collar that was absolutely gorgeous, but not my style, I bought it for $4 and sold it for $50 on ebay. I felt a little bit unscrupulous doing that, so that was the end of my carreer as an ebay entrepreneur, lol I also found an 5 ft. by 3 ft, canvass of Leonardo Davinci for $10, it's the coolest thing ever! I have it hanging in my living room. There are treasures to be found in thrift stores for sure, if you just take the time and have the patience to look! I LOVE GOODWILL TOO!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 6:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My friend and I scour my local thrift shops. We found her an AWESOME leathette trunk for $20. A very similar item on sale at the furniture store was almost $200! She uses it as a side/storage table next to her couch in her tiny apartment.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2010