How would you answer this....

Neitzsche asked: Is man one of God's blunders or is God one of man's blunders?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I'm going to have to go with God being one of man's blunders. But then again, I don't believe in God, so that's the only logical answer for me. However, when I see how much hatred, killing and other atrocious acts have been committed in the name of one god or another, I can't imagine a different answer.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Both are incorrect.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think both have a little truth in them. I'm not sure the God's knew that humanity would turn the way it did or would be so easily corrupted, Also, I think humanity puts to much "emotion" into the gods and give them to many human characteristics. That JMHO.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Neither IMO

Some of his stuff is interesting- he was mentally ill but did have an interesting way of looking at things.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Neither, man wasn't a blunder, we did this to ourselves. God isn't a blunder since God always has been and always will be so since man cannot create such as God can then as I stated both are incorrect.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree 100% with you, rhanford. God created us in His image. We are far from a blunder. And, God is the creator of everyone,and everything, and He is most definetly not a blunder.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 8:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Neither are correct!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I guess I'd have to go more with the second one, since I don't believe in a god, and therefore it couldn't make blunders. Definitely an interesting character, that Nietzsche.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• God's work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. Woman was His crowning creation. ;) So we're obviously not a "blunder".

And since God does exist and is not a creation of man, he can't possibly be a "blunder" either.

Just because someone says something catchy doesn't mean it has to have truth in it.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Why does it have to be a blunder?   I think the world is pretty incredible, I'm in awe of Gods work.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2010