What happens if you stay in the US longer than permitted?

I'm from France and as a European citizen I have the right to stay in the US for 90 days out of every 120 days without a visa. Well, I have been living here for 9 months now, so I am illigally in the US. I want to fly to France. Do you know what is going to happen when they see in my passport I have been here for 9 months? Will I have to pay money? Could I get arrested?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Travel

• Well, you are breaking the laws of our country, but not sure what you can expect.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You can be arrested. However, they might overlook it seeing as you're going back.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Not sure exactly what will happen, but you should expect consequences..
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 6:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Might arrest you and deport you.

Answer by louise2 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You'll get your visa revoked and they can refuse you entry for 3-10 years. Just watched my best friends husband go through this (he's a mexican citizen).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Deportation and banned from coming back for a period of time. You should go back to Europe and come back legally.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• A friend of mine's fiance was deported. He had a work visa, but it expired and he never renewed. They had a baby together and somehow the paper work tipped someone off somewhere. He's been out of the country for a year and a half now.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• u can get lock up yes
    nelly414

Answer by nelly414 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I think you should do it as fast as you can but you might do some jail time but I honestly think you will just get sent back home.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 21, 2010