Why is my leg twitching?!

My leg has been twitching off and on for about a week now. It is on my left leg to the upper right of my knee. It doesn't hurt its just really annoying! I have often heard that if something is twitching then it is a sign of fatigue in that area. What do you think?

annamcg18

Asked by annamcg18 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Health

• its called restless leg syndrome....i have it and i know it is one of the worst things ever!!! but are you pregnant?? cause its not unusual at all if you are.
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 10:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• any by the way..they have meds to get rid of it.
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 10:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My legs and arms do that... if you have been using that muscle more lately than usual, that could be the reason. If not I would see a doctor.
    jusjessiebbygrl

Answer by jusjessiebbygrl at 10:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• maybe RLS?
    Anonymous

• To answer both of you no i am not pregnant and yes i have been using that muscle alot. I know i have rls because a lot of nights i cant sleep because of pain or numbness in my legs. i have always had pain even when i was younger but my mom always told me it was growing pains and i am 19 now so i dont think that is the case any more. when i was pregnant that is when the numbness set in and i thought after havin him it would go away. i do have pains in my arms too like right now its a little sore and i will probably have to take some nyquil before bed. sometimes i have to take 2 benadryl and knock myself out to get rid of the pain. thanks ladies
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Is this pain like a constant pain? I have a muscle disease that is linked with Fibromyalgia... And I was told my pain was all in my head for the last ten years... They diagnosed me two years ago. My legs twitch like that, they also cramp (Like a charlie horse, but it doesn't let up) and my legs literally jerk at night. I have put bruises on my ex husband because of it...
    If you want more info just pm me...
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 11:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2008