csection pain

Its been about 10 days and I'm having a lot of pain 2 days ago the very end of the incesion opened its not bad bit also a source of pain, I only have 4 4 pain meds left and I'm wonder is it okay to ask for more or is. That completely wrong to do ill even take something lesser idk wht the difference is but I'm on percoset sp I feel like I just had they csection my first was not this painful

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to the doc. There is a great possibility that you could have an infection..or there may be some sort of complication structurally in your uterus. Watch for a fever..sure sign of infection. You shouldnt need a refill on the pain meds unless something is wrong..you should probably be able to take Tylenol or Motrin and get by at this point.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would go to the ER, if your incision opened you need to be seen ASAP. Ive had 2 c-sections, almost having a 3rd. Its normal to have some pain obviously, but not to be opened!!! You can ask for more pain meds, with my first i was in so much pain i was on loratab for 4 months.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 7:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would definitely call the doctor's office first thing in the morning.. tell them that the end of your incision split open a little, and you're having much more pain than last time. See what they say. I hope everything is alright!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• After I had my C section, I had a lot of pain. I also developed an infection. Have you had a checkup with the doc that did the C section yet? He/she would probably write you another script for pain meds if you explain your situation.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Please go and see your doc.
    Or go to the ER.
    You need to have them check it out.
    You should not be reling on Pain Meds allone.
    Good Luck
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Did they really send you home with that kind of medication? Wow. Back when I had mine some twenty years ago, we were never sent home with pain meds. Yikes! I would contact your Dr. if I were still in pain. By that time, I was out walking around with my baby.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• go to the dr, i had 1 with my son 1 on the staples came out from top but not bottom it was my 5th day after the c-setion my hubby took me to er and the dr at the er just pulled it out and put the bandaid thingy on it adn told me i should be fine go home and see my dr, so the next day my dr saw it and said it was infected so i went 2 days in a row so shecould push down near the top to get thepuss out before it healed with the puss inside and i would be opened again to drain it. but man was i scared i woke up and i felt my undies wet and my blanket wet i turned light on n it was wet wit he blood and clear liqued
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010