Do you have family/friends that you TRY to get along with...but you just flat out...dont like who they truly are?

My aunt is such a self absorbed childish person. I try to like her, and every time she reminds me why I dont.

Do you have people in your life like this? Does it drive you nuts..lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• My Sisters -in-law,yeah

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yup, my brother.... It's actually gotten to the point where I just don't bother anymore. It's been over a year since I've talked to him. I just got fed up with the attitude, it's not worth it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes!! I have alot of people in my life like that. I can't stand some of my husbands family. I'm nice when I am around them..for his sake..but I would love to knock some of the people in his family flat out. I just get so annoyed by the way their personalities are. I am sure there are people who may not like me either, and thats ok..but I am glad to say that I am not rude or selfish like they are. Good Luck!
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yep it drives me crazy. I try to get away often without looking obvious and have just resigned this person to my list of "helpless people". People who after years of trying I cannot understand or get them to make better choices and it is just easier not to get my emotions involved and just smile at their stupid self-centered comments. It is not my problem, I am not related to this person by blood, and I try as hard as possible not to go out in public with this person! lol
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My birth father. He walked out on my mom when she was pregnant w/ me and had CANCER to boot. He showed up every few years w/ a "poor me" routine about how "nobody loves him", played dad for a day or two and then disappeared and forgot about me for 3-4 more years. The last time I saw him in person (age 18) he told me I was a mistake he regretted enough to have a vasectomy when I was born. At 24 when he found out he was a grandfather, he sent me his used (beat to hell) computer and bought himself a convertible, never once asking for pics of his new grandson. At age 27, I'd had ENOUGH! I told him where to go and what exit to take when he got there. (By then, he'd divorced Wife #5! and moved back from his post in Riyadh w/o telling anyone. Even I didn't know until I got the embassy involved to find out if he was injured in the bombing of the US Compound there. I don't need someone like that in my life.

geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Oh yes. You can pick your nose but you can't pick family.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I love all my family members but yes, I have one of those she is married to my brother, but she can't help being who she is, all I care about that way deep down in there, she has a good heart.

Answer by older at 7:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• um...yes. There are people I try to like, but can't of course. It's not that we don't get along it's that they get on my damn nerves. LOL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I like and/or love the people in my life. People that I truly don't like, I don't bother with (as in I cut them out of my life). Jut because you're born into a family doesn't mean you have to like each member in it. We're human. We're not going to get along with everybody and that includes family members.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Ohh Yes! My sister has hated me since I was born. Every time I see her I try so hard, but it's inevitable, I wind up in a screaming match with her because there is just no talking to her. My oldest sister has finally told me it's okay to stop trying now. We are adults and if she still cannot be cordial when we are together than it just isn't worth it.
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 9:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010