My daughter cries so much!! And she screams over everything!! What do I do before I drives me nuts!!??

jusjessiebbygrl

Asked by jusjessiebbygrl at 10:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How old is your baby girl?

Mine is 2 and she just started doing the same thing,

I IGNORE her ..unless somthing is wrong with her,

Its a different cry when shes hurt, or not feeling well, or needing somthing,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My son whined a lot when he was 2 & I would stop him in the middle of his sentence & say I can't understand what your saying so I want you to use your words so I know what you want. I did this every time he started whining. Keep it up, It'll get better! It about drove me crazy too.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Well since you posted this for preschool 3-4, I assume that your daughter is between those two ages. How much time do you spend with your daughter? I have a 3 year old, and on the days that I am very busy and she does not spend alot of time with me, it causes her to act up. Kids look for attention, and if they do not get positive attention they go for negative- they will take what they can get. Also, she may be young, but she is getting to the age where you need to start sitting her down and talking to her about her feelings. If she doesn't understand her own reactions to things and learns about the degrees of normal behaviors to certain situations she will never be able to get a handle on the way she behaves and reacts to situations depending on thier severity. Good luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• My son throws the biggest screeching fits. He's 3 and if his 9yr old sister does anything he doesn't like he screams and cries and I can't even calm him down enough to find out what happened. I've started taking him to time out when he gets to this point, and I'm noticing that sometimes he goes by himself when he starts to lose it. The screeching does drive me insane!
    Purpleivy

Answer by Purpleivy at 11:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Talk to her. At this age, talking should be a viable answer. Get on her level, look her in the eyes, and reaffirm what she's saying. Discuss what she wants and what options she has. And take time with her. :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 9:44 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• if your child is not hurt or sick, tell her she needs to use her words. Then walk away, sounds like she is having a temper tantrum, once you stop focusing on it she will problem stop. Focus on her positive behavior!!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008