How to tell my boyfriend who wants me to get an abortion that i'm leaving him and want to keep it?

My boyfriend wants me to have an abortion. I'm 6 weeks preg. I want to keep it but i know that in order to do that I have to leave him. I am madly in love with him but we hvae never had a good relationship. All that seems to keep us together are our feelings of love for each other.. but no real reasons. How do I tell him that I want to keep it?

KushielsChosen

Asked by KushielsChosen at 6:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I would leave when he wasn't home & write him a note. It would save you a big argument.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Exactly like that.... It's YOUR body, YOUR decision. If your relationship is bad anyway, and you can't work this out, it's not a relationship worth saving.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think you just do. You just say it flat out, and with total conviction. Don't waver. State it firmly and as a fact that is not up for debate.

"I'm keeping this baby, with or without you."
    "I've decided to keep the baby. End of story."

...and so on.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i would tell him flat out that you want to keep the baby and he can be in the baby's life if he choses too, if not he can pack his bags and leave, cause this baby means more to you then he do!
    Anonymous

• good for you. leave him. this is why father's should not have rights while the baby is utero. your body. your decision.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'd leave and give him a phone call. Not a long drawn out call, just something like... Just to let you know, I'm going to have the baby.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 7:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• JUST like that! I'm keeping the baby, and if you honestly can't do this. Then we are done.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• what lambdarose said =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• thanks everybody! in my mind i saw myself leaving a note but that seems really impersonal and i know it would kill me to not know what he thinks and i know he would not try to contact for me. I was thinking about maybe telling him that I want nothing form him (i.e. child support) because if i try to go after him for it it will just be way more drama than it's probably even worth.
    KushielsChosen

Comment by KushielsChosen (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I Can say that i am going threw the same thing i am now 24 weeks along and the baby is moving, On ur question talk to him about it and let him know that u want to keep it and that there is nothing he can do about it if u dont feel comfortable doing it by urself have ur mom or someone talk to him with u and go from there
    Stl_mom_314

Answer by Stl_mom_314 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010