Acid Indigestion.

I have tried eating bland like just plain bread, kashi bars. I have tried eating only healthy. Minimal amounts of meats very low in fat and veggies with no butter or seasonings. I have avoided acidic foods like oranges and tomatoes. Drinking ONLY water. I use Aloe Vera juice to keep it down sometimes but if you have ever drank it you would know its something that you can only handle so much of lol. (22weeks prego-prefer not to take any kind of pills or liquids)
I asked this quesiton earlier but only got 2 answers and they were not helpful. PLEASE DO NOT RECCOMEND MAALOX OR ANY OTHER MEDICINES-THEY DO NOT WORK ON ME THANK YOU!!!

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• One natural cure that I can swear by is a teaspoon of white vinegar.Believe it or not, sometimes you don't have ENOUGH acid in your stomache to break down food. This has helped me when I've been on the road and couldn't resist that greasy spoon restaurant on the side of the road. I also recommended it to my brother once, and now he keeps some in his pickup. Hope this helps you too-Bless Your Heart.
    jbubbiewoo

Answer by jbubbiewoo at 10:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• baking soda mixed in water.
    Anonymous

• my mom told me suck on a peice of hard candy... it works i dont have any pepermint ones so i went with suckers and what ever else i have laying around.. after a few min of sucking on it it seemed to ga away... sometimes i have had to eat 2-3 peices b4 it is all gone
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• peppermint and chocolate is the worst thing for reflux.
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 11:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• my mom said chew slowly on a stalk of celery, didnt try it cause i think its nasty. Sorry to say, but get use to it. the best thing is to have the baby. I swear it got worse for me the last month. I know u dont want to hear that but that's the truth with me. The day i had my son my heart burn was gone, plus i had a c-section and the epi so i was feelin pretty darn good any way.
    Florence_Moss

Answer by Florence_Moss at 12:48 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yeah having the baby is the best solution LOL until then try avoiding bread/ wheat- can be hard to digest. Also, don't avoid meats and fats too much- they contain healthy stuff to make the baby with. Eat what you crave- it may help your heart burn
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I also agree with jbubbiewoo. My father-in-law has horrible acid reflux and he went to a " Natural science doctor" he told him white Vinegar. I did see him take it once....ewwww..but FAST results. He takes it almost everyother day! Good luck
    RedneckMommy88

Answer by RedneckMommy88 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2008