third baby on time or early???

I have had 2 boys and they were both induced because they went over the 40 weeks. Now I am prego with my third boy and am 35 weeks and 1 cm dialated. So has anyone had to be induced with some babies and then one that came on their own???? I am really wanting the excitement of the water breaking in the middle of the night :)

blkmom2

Asked by blkmom2 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first was 3 days before his dd, my 2nd was 5 days before her dd and my 3rd came almost 16 days early
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well, I could have written that! My oldest was induced once my water broke at 42 1/2 weeks, the second was induced at 41 1/2 weeks. I'm now 33 weeks pregnant, but I don't know about dilation yet... I can't really answer your question, but I would think if your other two were late chances are best that this one will be too. I was dilated 4-6cm for over 6 weeks with my oldest... And he obviously wasn't early - as covered...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My 1st was induced... and I have been on bedrest since 21 weeks due to preterm labor .. cervix short, funneling and open. But they told me you can stay dilated at a 1 for weeks.. i know with my 1st i was 2cm dilated and was induced 2/3 weeks later still at 2cm.. I am excited to experience the water breaking also!!!! my luck though he will be a stubborn little guy and make us induce him!! after all this time preventing him from coming early he will probably make us wait EVEN longer lol.. i hope not though.. bedrest is tough.. i hope he comes VERY soon after i come off the meds (3 more weeks!!)
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010