Do you leave your house while stuff is cooking?

even in your crock pot? I want to use my crock pot but as you know most of the dishes take hours to cook and I cannot leave my house while its on lol

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 7:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Hell no
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My crock pot, yes, but anything else, no.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, in fact I cooked white bean chicken chili in my crock pot today, while I was at work....for 6 1/2 hours. Nobody was home. Well, just the dogs. :)
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 7:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I thought that was what crock pots were for.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I will only leave something cooking in my crock pot. Anything else, NO!! I won't even take the dog out.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• In my crock pot yes that's what they are intended for anything else no I know my MIL God rest her soul would put something in the oven and leave for church so it would be done when she got home. I'm not that brave
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Never, unless hubby is home.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 8:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If I've started something in the oven, sure ... BUT in my case, there are other people in the house that really don't go anywhere except doc appointments. However, that is NOW. I've started supper and went to pick my son up from school and no one else be home.

I know crockpots are good, but for some reason, I really don't trust them. *shrug* Maybe b/c I had one cook totally dry WAY before it was supposed to. Yes, I had it on the right temp and enough water for what I was cooking.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• With the crock pot yes and with occasional dishes in the oven that have many hours left or and I'm just running out to get something I realized I'm missing for dinner or something lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The crock pot or a slow oven, yes.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010