Newest AD

What do ya'll think of the newest Obama ad telling people to ask thier bosses to let them off for the day and their proffessors for the day off? Does it really take that long to vote? Couldn't you just ask to come in late or off a little early? AND I went to collage, I never had a class that lasted all day. and once again few minutes late could work.

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL no it doesn't take that long to vote and the polls open early and are open late for people that have lives :)
    Anonymous

• I watched the ad and what I got from it is that Obama just wants you to get up and Vote, do something. I find the ad just trying to reach all people. I also think it is just something else to keep his name out there and fresh, because if people think he is ahead in the "polls" they may not think they need to vote, Obama supporters could get too laxed if they think Obama's got it in the bag. It ain't over till it's over. JMO. My opinion would be the same regardless of who ran it.

Anonymous

• because the lines will be long. plenty of people go to vote and then end up leaving without voting because their lunch hour is up.
    also you went to college but you can't spell college or professors correctly?
    Anonymous

• it does seem the lines are always long...no matter what time of day you go if you wait until election day...that's why i early-voted last week..line was only 2 mins long. not a problem if you think ahead of time.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i voted early because my husband is working election day.
    we have one car and he doesn't get home until 7. the polls will be closed by then.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• not here in fort lauderdale florida the lines were so long 3-6 hrs depending on location and day. so long throughout the state of florida that the governor extended early voting hour to 12 a day. from 7am to 7pm.
    Anonymous

• Some states do not permit early voting
    Anonymous

• Some states do not allow early voting, and even in the ones that do, the lines are already being reported several hours long. People might get discouraged and not want to upset their bosses. I think it's a great ad. Are you not willing to wait all day to vote for your candidate, or miss a day's pay to vote for him? I willing to do so for mine :)
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 11:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• And some states have mail in ballots only...*laughs* I'm gonna go see if that will fly with my boss..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008