do u know anything about Grandparents rights??

What are they and what is the grandparent entitled to??

If the person is a felon do they still have these rights??

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 8:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think in some states they have visitation rights but if they should not be around them then you proubly could fight it. Make sure its a good reason my children didnt have a grandpa I really wish they would have its a shame.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• As far as I know, "grandparents" don't technically have ANY rights unless they go to court to ascertain some. Felon or not.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 8:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If you are talking about visitation, typically, the only time a grandparent have won visitation rights have been is their child was deceased and their DIL/SIL were denying them to see their child's child.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• "grandparents rights" arent real! The fact is that their right isto be seperated from the mother/father. In othe words, if thier son/daughter is denied rights, they can still ask for visitation on their own, without being attached to their child! BUT if you have any reason what-so-ever that you don't want them to see the child, the court will honor that! Plus they cannot, ever take the child, or not return the chil That is kidnapping, no matter what!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I Googled it last night. Here in Oklahoma grandparents have know rights unless the parent are either unfit or dead.

Answer by louise2 at 5:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Thank you for all of your help.
    It is a HUGE relief to know...
    sassy_brizzy

Comment by sassy_brizzy (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Truthfully Grandparent do not have ant rights, legally to your kids. Google it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• There is no such thing as grandparent rights. The Supreme Court ruled this just a few years ago. The ONLY time grandparents can get rights is if one or both parents is deemed unable to care for the children or are dead.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I live in Cali and I guess they have visitation rights....?
    sassy_brizzy

Comment by sassy_brizzy (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2010