pregnancy tests

I know that most home pregnancy tests say you can test up to five days before you expect your period but are they really accurate taking them that soon or would it would be better to just wait till the day you expect your period or after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The accuracy goes down the further away from your expected period date that you test.The day after your period was due, it is 99.9 % accurate, that rate goes down for every day before your period is due.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Go to www.peeonastick.com -- She explains the "5 days before your period" issue.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 2:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Better to wait til you actually miss your cycle
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I found out I was pregnant 4 days before my missed period (9 weeks pregnant now) but every woman is different. I'd wait until you missed your period but I obviously couldn't wait that long:) Good luck.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have learned to wait as I have wasted money and gotten my hopes up too many times to find out that it was a true BFN. I even decided to wait until a week after AF was due as this past cycle I was two days late and told myself I wouldn't test for 5 more days.....good thing, as AF started the very next day :(
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 9:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I also would try to hold out!! I know its hard but will be worth the wait..
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 21, 2010