Do you let your kids walk to and from school alone?

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 8:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in

• Nope. My kids are 5 and 8 and we live 4 houses down from the school. I walk them to school, my husband walks them home.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 8:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• They walk to and from the bust stop alone.  They are 8, 9 and 10 and the bus stop is down the street.

At the end of last school year they started walking to their old school.  It was 3 blocks away.  We lived in Chicago at the time.

Now we live in a small town and everyone lets thier kids walk.  There are about a dozen kids at our bus stop between 1st and 5th grades and no parents (except the first day when I went because my kids were the new kids and nervous).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Unfortunately no, with predators out there why take the chance.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No the boys ride their bikes to and from school and my daughter gets a ride to and from school and her ride lives right down the street
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 3:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010