what do you think of people who take newborns trick or treating

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• I figure they want to show off their baby and have a cute first Halloween. As long as the baby is warm and not eating candy, I don't see a problem. It's not very fun or memorable for the baby, but it's not hurting them either. DD was only 2 weeks old at her first Halloween. I didn't have the energy or money to take her out and felt she was too young to take out for that long without need.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think they are excited to be a parent and want to show off the cute outfit. As long as the child is dressed appropriately and warm, who cares?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I for one am going to take her (my 9m old) "Trick-or-Treating" i know that our friendly neighbors would love to she her all cute in her costume so you judgmental nay-sayers live a little for crying out loud
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 8:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'm taking my daughter with us, but she is not getting candy. Taking the baby and dressing the baby can be fun, but we get these people coming up to our porch with a bag for the baby, and NO that's sick, buy your own candy
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i agree with previous poster,i don't think it is so much trick or treating as vising a few family and friends to show off a very cute and ddressed up baby!! i see nothing wrong with it
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 8:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it is cute to dress them up and take them along for the walk/ride if you have other kids. but to actually take an infant with it's own bag and expect candy for that child that can't eat candy for another year is very wrong..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• They like candy!!! :)
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it depends on where you live! Where I live now I have a hard time taking any age child trick or treating because the weather has been miserable since I moved here (last year we made it about 5 houses before your fingers didn't want to hold the bag anymore) but if you are somewhere where it is sunny and warm.. enjoy it... I guess it kinda depends what you mean by "newborn" though... if my baby came home from the hospital that day they wouldn't be out
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 8:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• They are trying to get candy for themselves.

Answer by louise2 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it's fun! My 5 month old will be trick or treating with his big sister this year. :) I must show off the costume.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010