1843 chart

I am linking the info I have on this, it's from a site. Can we debate this a bit more? Why are SDA's right? Why are SDA's wrong? Is the chart itself right or wrong?

http://www.2520yearprophecy.com/

yesi know this isn't a link I'm trying to stay anon, just please copy and paste.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't understand the chart
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think this is a very interesting question because I don't know anything about 1843 chart and I like learning something new. I look forward to reading the responses from SDA members.

I really do not understand the website you posted, and I don't worry about prophecies because we are always wrong about when things will happen, so we should we trying to live good lives all the time. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I get that it's a chronology applying Revelation to world events, but I couldn't figure out when the 'end date' was supposed to be. Can you clarify that for me? Just curious!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't understand any of it. Whenever people just start siting scripture, and using math, and it doesn't make any kind of sense, my mind just tunes out because I think they are a lunatic. If one has a theory about something, one should be clear, state what it is, then give evidence for it, and then draw a conclusion. This site is just a mess, and then when i tried to click the chart if downloaded something onto my computer!
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 8:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I don't understand the chart either. I'm always interested in learning something new, but end time prophecies are always wrong. Didn't Jesus say it's not up to us people to know when the end will come, only Him?

Is the website saying the world will end in the year 2520? We won't be around then, right?
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Charles Taze Russell was involved with this before starting Jehovah's Witnesses btw
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 4:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It makes sense for Charles Taze Russell to be involved in this. He associated himself with the Adventists (I don't know if they were called SDA back then) before he disagreed w/ them about the return on Christ. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Adventists believed Jesus would come back in flesh, everyone would be able to see Him, but Russell believed Jesus would come back invisibly, so no one could see Him. Charles Russell made several incorrect predictions of dates of when Jesus would return.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2010