DH got a text from his ex

And he deleted it immediately. How would this make you feel? He is angry that i am upset about it. All of a sudden, i am the jerk because i questioned him about it....

I heard his phone go off & i gave it too him. I saw who it was....when i went to check it later, it was gone. And it was the ONLY message that has been deleted...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• OOOOH girl I'd be mad. People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. Deleting a message is the same thing as hiding it and for him to be mad at you about it says guilty conscious to me. I'm sorry, hope it works out ok.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I would feel like he was upset or angry with her for texting him and he really didn't appreciate her doing it. I would also think that he saw who it was from and deleted it immediatly becasue he didn't want to read it
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 8:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• wow that sucks...my husbands ex ONLY txt and calls my phone...they cant get along for nothing in this world so they maintain NO CONTACT...works for us better i am able to talk to her a lot better he just flips out and then she flips out then everyone is yelling and it becomes a mess...

but why did you just read it??? it should not be a problem when my kids father txt me i tell me husband to read it and let me know what it says if he gets the phone...i have nothing to hide...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Did he answer her back? Does he have a history of being untrusting? Has there been anything else leading to this? Did he delete it without reading it? Did he read it and then delete it? Do you actually know anything about it other then him deleting it?

From where I stand you're basing your anger in insecurity and paranoia towards a unknown situation. You only know "Ex" and "Deleted Text", but you don't actually know the situation. Again, from the way I see things from what I've read. I think you're overreacting overall, but especially to the fact that you seem basically in the dark about the "Why", "What" and things of that nature.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• eh...if it's deleted then there is nothing much left to do about it...if he refuses to tell you what it was about then he is hiding something...may not even be anything bad but he still is hiding it...shame on him...but I would not text the X unless you and her "get along" well otherwise it could backfire on you...

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 9:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• sounds like he feels bad about something
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• do they have kids together or is she just an ex
    I am with a cheater and this sounds exactly like what he has done in the past
    good luck
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'd take his phone, and check for her number. Text her, and say the last one was jumbled, ask what it was. See what she does. I'd be mad, and depending on how the hubby acted, a tad irrational. If she texts him again, and you get the phone, read it. And get the number if it's not there now.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• it would depend. my hubbys ex would text him and he would read it and delete but he would tell me she did and what she mentioned. accept once he forgot to tell me and i found out. i didn't make a big deal about it. it seems to me that he would know you knew who it was and just didn't want her text on his phone but nothing fishy is going on. that is probably why he is mad with you cause you don't trust him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• well, sorry! My DH has never dated or even had sex before me, so I dont deal with this....but good luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 20, 2010