Would you like to be in my shoes?

Or my jeans, or my pretty dresses, or my nice coats?

Would you beleive I only pay a buck a piece for my clothes? My coats? almost 85% of my clothing, coats, p
ants, dresses, are from the salvation army 5 for $5 day. Nice, almost new, or even new with tags.

I don't beleive in going to stores to buy things I can get almost new for a dollar. I just don't. I do have a few brand new things I just HAD TO have, but I could afford them by buying the rest of my clothing frugal!

Just thought I would share.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I love the thrift shops, garage sales and Freecycle.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Nice, I am not very good at thrift shopping, but I am not good at shopping in general (I hate shopping). I think in these times we all should be reminded to stretch every dollar
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have bought some really cheap things at Yard sales too. I bought a nearly new pair of heels for $2.00. A pretty black wrought iron candleabra for ONE dollar. Many many other things. I love to get good deals at yard sales,garage sales, Goodwill.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• That depends...

What size are you???

LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• LOL I agree with m-avi!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yeah I'm bigger sized and many of the thrift clothes are way way way out of date. I still shop there and try though.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Me too - I used to pay top dollar for my clothes, but I like to "collect" clothes way too much - LOL !! I love Salvation Army, Good Will, yard sales, etc. Very rarely do I buy anything in a regular store anymore. My daughter used to have a problem with it as a young teen - thought she had to have the "brand names". When she found out you could find cool things at these stores (and the brand names too), she was sold on it too - I would give her a certain amount of money to spend and we would go off to the Salvation Army store, then take her to a regular store and show her what little she could have bought there - that made it really sink it. I bought a new TV center and 2 side display cases that match it - all made by Broyhill - and paid under $300 for a $3000 set (I looked it up online) !!! I love it !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 5:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2010