Am I wrong for being bothered by this? adult content

I went to this lady's house to buy a baby carrier (does this business out of her home) and when I showed up the house was very dirty looking and a wreck. She looked like she was sorta dirty and one of those tree huggers. So did all the kids running around. On top of all that she was BF her son with no cover and it kinda freaked me out. She was doing this as she was trying to show me how to put on the carrier and place the baby in it correctly. I felt kinda grossed out b/c I thought her milk could get on me and I could catch a disease from this woman due to any open cuts on my fingers etc. At one point I noticed her arm had all this wet stuff on it and I wasn't sure if it was from the milk or baby drowling, etc. Could I get a disease from her if something got on me? Would I have noticed something getting on me? And lastly am I wrong for these feelings I have? i expected something really nice when I first arrived.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Troll
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Seriously?? Creeped out by a mom breast feeding her baby in her own home w/o a cover. Yeah, that is pretty darn ridiculous. I admit, my house is a disaster right now. but if someone was coming over to buy stuff I would clean up quite a bit. I am one of those tree hugger hippy chicks and i promise i don't have any diseases. You sound very snobby to me.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• she clearly should have asked about YOUR standards, YOUR feeling about BF, in her own house. the nerve.

grow up and learn to assert yourself. if her merchandise wasn't up to your standards, say no thanks and leave.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• IF this is real YOU gross me out!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Couldn't say it better than the other Mom's.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Oh and if you want a definite answer, yes you are wrong.
    Melbornj

• You have some series issues
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• idk if this is a troll or not
    if this isn't
    I wouldn't be comfy going into an environment I assumed to be professional and walking into that situation instead
    It's not wrong for her to do that, of course
    It just seems like a strange way to conduct business
    I don't think you're wrong for feeling that way or being concerned about a cold or a disease
    they are very realistic worries
    hopefully she isnt breastfeeding if she has something that can be transmitted from breast milk though
    =/
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• WOW lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Tree-hugger? I find that personally offensive considering I've been called one and I shower and take care of myself everyday.

You are very ignorant to think that you can get something by her just touching you. I hope SHE didn't get anything from YOU.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010