Have you ever read a SELF HELP book that actually helped you and inspired you?

IF so which book was it?

I have never found one that spoke to me. My SIL sent my husband a book that he she keeps hounding him to read. It is a horribly written book and not worth the paper it is printed on. But it speaks to her. So I just wonder how many people actually get helpful info from a self help book.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 8:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have been helped by many.....a good rule of thumb is to take from them what you can use and leave the rest alone......Books I have liked: Real Magic by Wayne Dyer, The Naked Now by Richard Rohr, Women who run with the wolves (can't remember author), Eight Weeks to Optimum Health, The Menopause Years by Susun Weed, Teenage Liberation Handbook, ....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have read many and some, like you said don't "speak to me". There are tons that have though. I have took something from so many I couldn't even begin to name them all. One of my faves was Dr. Phil Self Matters. I learned stuff in that book that changed my life forever.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Honey, I've read every self help book Ive ever heard of and the one that actually helped me the most was "The 7 habits of Highly Effective People". It was so helpful to me that I actually read it several times. You have to realize that self help books may only be of value if you REALLY want to change and are willing to work hard for it. There is also, a natural limit to how much you can be affected by other peoples ideas and at some point you may be as "helped" as you get. LOL My advice?? Try Everything!! Leave no stone unturned. My life is completely different after all those books because now I know who I am and i know how to make strong, intelligent decisions.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 8:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Financial Peace Revisited and Total Money Makeover both by Dave Ramsey... They are financial books, but I like to think of them as self help... they helped change my mindset on money, so they helped me!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 8:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I highly recommend .... If Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries, Then Why Am I In The Pits? That book is hilarious and so helpful!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• nope, I really dont have time to read anything right now
    Jennifer_236

Answer by Jennifer_236 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010