Is it normal for your ovaries hurt when pregnant?

I am 33 weeks and my ovaries have been hurting for the past 3 days is this normal?

Candie2008

Asked by Candie2008 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe it's round ligament pain?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• First of all....do you know what part of your abdomen contains your ovaries? At this point ,considering how big your uterius is, they are probably way down inside, on each side. Close to hip joints. As said, you might be feeling the ligaments that are stretching. I doubt that ovaries hurt unless you have some cysts...and that would be rare for both ovaries to have cysts while you are pregnant!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I had horrible cysts while pregnant. You could see them by ultrasound. But I didn't know it was my ovaries. I was crampy and my back hurt all the time. I have ovary issues and I have never been able to feel pain in just my ovary.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I do have cysts on both my ovaries and I have felt the pain in just my ovary before pregnancy so I know that is what is hurting. I don't have periods when I am not pregnant. I have a 2 1/2 year old and am 33 weeks prego now and have had two miscarriages. I consider my boys miracles.
    Candie2008

Comment by Candie2008 (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• If you have cysts, then ask your doctor about what's normal and what's not as far as pain goes. It could be round ligament pain, which can be very similar, and is very common (and ultimately harmless). Either way, I would ask your doctor about it. Good luck'
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2010