Are You Getting Stressed Over The Holidays Coming Yet?

I'm getting a little stressed bec. my S/O has been laid off 2 yrs in Jan. & I have B'Days from Aug thru Jan also. Usually I enjoy buying and giving esp. to the kids to see their happy faces, but it's going to be hard this year, and I'm retired on disability also. But somehow we'll get thru it, but I do think I'll be stressed out more by the time Christmas is here and gone. How about you gals are you getting stressed yet or not?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• See if you Qualify for the Angel Tree through the Salvation army, or if you belong to a church talk to them about your situation. See if they can help you out with the Holidays.

I am only stressed due to the fact that I have little to no decorations and we can't afford to neccisarily go out and buy any. As well I am stressed because we don't have the money that I would like to be able to spoil my family/friends. I LOVE giving gifts and seeing everyone recieve something that will be useful to them, or just make them happy. And I know the Holidays aren't about gifts, but it's my way of saying how much I appriciate them and love them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• oh ya.. but im getting induced with my 2nd child nov 21st then thanksgiving then dec 1st is our wedding anniversary then dec 7th is my dd 's 2nd birthday then christmas!
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I hate Christmas, because of the stress. My stress starts in January!!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I am stressed continually. Christmas shopping is just a little whipcream on the freaking out sundae.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I've decided I'm not going to stress out over what we can't afford to buy for xmas and bday presents this year. We are going to do a home made christmas. I'm good at sewing and my husband is good at wood work/carpentry. I'm hand sewing quilts for everyone, and he is going to make quilt racks. We are halfway done. We are only buying a couple things for our daughters.it will be less stressful this way. :)
    brooklynsmom40

Answer by brooklynsmom40 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yeah. We have to worry about making a super far move (those aren't cheap) and paying for an entire birth cause our insurance sucks ass. I made DD a tiny birthday party and we'll probably have to stop in the middle of our multi-state drive to go trick or treating. We have to much debt to think about winter gifts =( I guess since we won't be around family or other influences, we can skip the money spending traditions without DD even noticing. She's only 3. I think it'd bother us more than anything.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No. I do not. My children and I do not live near the family, so we don't have to worry about all that mess. As far as our holidays, it's just a small immediate family get together. The kids are know they each get one gift. We usually just do the evening before with snacks and opening gifts... that's it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• No, I don't stress about the holidays, ever. I am very luck in that even if I can not afford much as gifts, my mom will send the kids their one big thing they want each, as well as a few smaller items, and I can get them their stocking stuffers, and a few smaller items. This year I am making them all hand made fleece blankets too and giving that to them on Christmas eve for when we go in the car to look at the lights, and for cuddling under to watch our holiday movie :). I don't have much money this year, but thankfully mine are happy with doing things, going places (cheap), and making homemade decorations. We do a lot of crafts every year and they still love it at ages 13, 11, and 6. It's my favorite time of year no matter how much money we do or don't have because we focus on the true meaning of Christmas, and we also find plenty of free or cheap stuff to do which makes better memories than presents anyway.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• nope, because i'm going to do what i can , it's for sure everyone will be fed on the holidays, now whether there a little or alot or nothing at all (christmas) we're going to have a ball on that day.
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 8:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes I am stressed. We are living with dh paycheck only for the last 2.5 years. Last year we were able to buy both kids everything for Christmas. We didn't buy family, friends or ourselves anything, not one thing. This year, unless dh gets major Overtime or I get a phone call for an interview we are looking at nothing for kids at all. And if that happens I think I will literally hide in a closet and sob. I always put kids first and they are DARN GOOD kids. They deserve a good Christmas. We weren't able to take them on a vacation this year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2010