Have you heard about this proposition 62?

I hadn't until the ad post below. The Pro-proposition ad says it makes all forms of birth control except barrier method illegal as well as forms of abortion.

So taking the pill would be illegal...what are your thoughts? will it pass? anyone from that area? Are you voting for or against?

the birth control has a LOT of other uses besides preventing pregnancy... I had to take it for a long time to be even semi functional during that time of the month. Why would they try to outlaw it? Or is the ad exaggerating?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 8:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Here's the same ad the post below uses.... sorry to start another thread, but that one is about the anti Obama portion and this one is about the law itself.

lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It makes sense BECAUSE a lot of women every year die from hormonal BC. That stuff is dangerous and now families are suing because their family member KNOWINGLY took something that had the potential of killing them. I think BC should be much safer than it is before being handed out to every woman/girl that "might" have sex.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• That one is more of a Catholic thing. The 'devout' Catholics don't believe in birth control, most Catholics are far more intelligent than the POPE himself. Some people need to live in the dark ages and control how everyone lives.
    No it will never pass, people aren't that stupid!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Hey---the Government has no right to dictate things like that to women! If they make birth control (that they think is wrong) illegal, what will happen when women get pregnant? Are they going to help these pregnant women since they were responsible for preventing them from buying the PILL???
    How insane!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Is this a joke?
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Here's another link

lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• AND---after seeing that Video, I found that they are banning ALL abortions,even if it would save a woman's life and they are against Stem Cell Research! I can't imagnine how that could pass. The people who thought that up are crazy!
    I am sorry ....some of you might not agree...but it is a woman's choice , she has the right to choose the pill ,knowing there is a risk. It is not the Government's business! Wow, I had no idea there were such nutcases living in Colorado!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• AND....the ad about Obama being an "angel of death" is horrible! WHo did that? The same idiots who created Proposition 62? Wow.....what a bunch of criminals!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I just can't believe that no one is making a bigger deal about this.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree! I am outraged that no one is making a bigger deal about this as well. I am pro choice and pro birth control, however, how dare anyone REQUIRE a woman to carry her Incestuous Relative or Rapists Child to term. They truly do not value women's rights.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010