HOW CAN I GET MY DAUGHTER TO DRINK MORE WATER?

my3angels070810

Asked by my3angels070810 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dont give her anything else. If she is thursty enough then she will drink it.
    Anonymous

• You may try giving her Propel or other flavored waters. My little one was that way for a while, but she loved Propel..and once se developed the taste for that..she drank more water.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• my kids don't drink regular water either lol. they do love the flavor water though...like propel fitness water. it doesn't have any carbonation, and it has a tiny bit of sugar, but not much because it's only 10 calories for 16oz. bottle. plus i think it has some vitamins and antioxidants in there. it comes in alot of different flavors too. there is another brand of flavor water without carbonation, but i can't think of the brand right now since we don't get that one i guess lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Water down her juice so her water intake increases even though it is masked. I would still give her water with meals and when she finishes that she can have milk or watered down apple juice.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It's recommended that toddlers don't even drink water at the 1-2 year old stage. My pediatrician said to only give them milk and limit their juice intake due to the sugars. If you would like though add sugar-free flavorings to it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• a fun special 'water only' cup works well
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 9:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Don't give her any other options.  My kids only ever drank water as toddlers.  Milk and juice are and always were treats.

At the most they got 1 cup/box of juice a day and 1 cup of milk.  Every other time they had water in their cup.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Water down her juice, offer tea as well.
    Popsicles (homemade so can adjust water amount), soups,
    homemade icees.

Cut her milk w/a bit of water, and add some choc syrup as a snack.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 2:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Water down her juice or make water the only liquid available to drink. If she's thirsty enough, she'll drink it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010