What are some fun toys to get for a 4 month old girl for xmas?

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 9:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter loved her little theethy animals we found at wal-mart when she was 4 months
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 9:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i got my kids this little animal with a chime inside and they love it at that age. it is a bell i guess, but the sound it makes is more of a chime than a jingle. it's from boyd's bears company
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Balls. Small enough where she can hold them, but not small enough where she can put them into her mouth. I would suggest plastic as well and not foam, as she'll chew on them. Then when they squirm away from her it'll teach her to roll over and eventually crawl after them. They have balls with little toys inside, glitter, etc. So that'll keep her attention if the plain ones don't.

You could also get her a bunch of teething toys. They have a great selection at Walmart.

Something that plays music is usually a good idea, or interacts with the child in some way. A toy to help teach her to sit up is a good idea. Maybe one where she can put a ball in and it comes out the other end. A toy that allows her to use her body and interact with it is a great idea. The more you encourage them to use their bodies and mind the better!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Anything that imitated real life. Animals that made real life sounds. Books that have the different textures in them. Anything with lights or that will make a sound when she does the right motion or activity with the toy. Music was always a favorite with my kids.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• very colorful toys
    Jennifer_236

Answer by Jennifer_236 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'd say anything colorful that she can grip properly and chew. If it makes a noise along with that... Bonus!
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 4:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Chunky books, any small toys that light up. my son is 5 months and I just got him the V-tech Move and Crawl ball and he loves it, it rolls around and lights up while playing music. he loves rolling on the floor chasing it.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 6:38 AM on Oct. 21, 2010