Nair....has anyone used it on their legs?

I used Nair on my legs about 5 hours ago and it's burning like crazy on one leg. I took a shower after I used it but it looks like I have a really bad razor burn and it hurts like crazy! Has anyone ever had this happen and what did you do it to soothe it?

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 10:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Health

• yeah im allergic to it. :( lol

i dont remember what i did im sorry but i know i never used it again lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• nair burned me too. I have sensitive skin. it's a chemical burn, try soaking your legs in cool water.

Veet does not burn me though.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Yes & it's not worth the hassle. It's messy, stinky & can cause burn. Yuck!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 10:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I never had this happen, but I couldn't ever get nair to work for me. Veet however, works nicely and doesn't irritate the skin either......Cool cloths might help, or maybe some kind of soothing gel like aloe might work too.
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I hate Nair :( I regret spending money on it, it's annoying.

Veet is awesome though! I've never had issues with it =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• You might try some aveeno in a bath that might sooth the burning. It is some awesome stuff.
    JulieMW

Answer by JulieMW at 11:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• if u shaved a wekk b 4 using that can do it...and u have to scrub the excess nair off just showering it off wont work been there done that a month ago the same thing happened to me..i waited and tried again after it healed its worked just fine this past few go rounds.. :)
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• yes...everytime i tried...and it sucks. even the veet does it to me. i am sorry i dont remember what i did to help...stay in the shower lol...
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it to the redness. You'll be ok in 2 or 3 days. That happened to me too! Stupid Nair!! Sorry :(
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2008