Federal appeals court reinstitutes “don’t ask, don’t tell”, what do you think?

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Wednesday granted the Obama administration’s request for a temporary freeze of a California-based federal judge’s order telling the military to stop enforcing the policy…

Government lawyers sought to suspend the ruling while appeals were pending, arguing that it would pose a major problem for the military. They said it could encourage service members to reveal their sexual orientation before the issue is fully decided.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Special is still correct..as is Grlygrlz...DADT has been policy for a long time and they cannot just flip a switch ..say BE GONE and everything goes just great..things take time..process.However,I do believe when it happens there will stll be some military folks that won't remain military and I do not believe that there will be some sudden rush of gays signing up either.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I expected this. Military Code cannot be written or changed by a judge. Congress is the only authority that can do this.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I don't understand why anyone's sexual orientation matters, military or not.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think it needs to be thrown out. If you want to enlist you should be able to no matter what others think.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree with not disclosing sexual orientation while it is not decided yet. That could cause some serious and irreversible problems. Its like getting engaged before a divorce is final lol just wait until all is settled and official so you don't have too much to lose!
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• IMO~It's a formality to allow the military time to prepare properly.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I will be honest: I am pissed as hell at the Obama Administration for requesting they reinstate the program while on appeal. To me, it should be abandoned until after the appeal, and only reinstated if the appeal is granted. This request goes directly against considering each individual in the US as supported under the Constitution as he ran under.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I think someone needs to make up their effing minds on whether to repeal it or reinstate it instead of this one day it is repealed and one day it is still happening. I also think that it has to be done correctly. And no, I am not talking about that whole shower/bed scare with the big stigma that gays are going to leap into the beds of straight people and assault them. I am talking about making sure there are checks and balances, that gay marriage will be recognized in the military despite it not being legal in the state they are stationed in, Tricare, SGLI, etc. It is not something that an EO or a federal judge can just make happen overnight. And congress passed DADT so they have to be the ones to pass the repeal.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• What time did this happen?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• http://hotair.com/archives/2010/10/20/breaking-federal-appeals-court-reinstitutes-dont-ask-dont-tell/

That was the first link I got when I copied part of the original question and googled. 

This is very curious, I would love to hear what others have to say.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010