Help Baby Ear Ache

My baby is only 10 months and she has a horrible ear ache that keeps her awake so shes getting fussier everyday. the doctor recommended some tylenol but that was about it... aanything else I can do for her???

HollyRose

Asked by HollyRose at 10:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try and get a second appoinon she might have an ear infection, thats how we found out my son had one with his ear hurting him, cause my son's doc gave us a pascription for some meds for a ear ache and he is doing allot better now..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 11:05 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• samasilan drops (sp?) it's a homeopathic ear ache drop you can get at the stores. It's safe for all ages.
    Anonymous

• yes and they work my daughter is on them now cause she just got an ear infection or you can have the doc give u an rx for them
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• If she will lay still for long enough, you can try having her on her side with her ear down on a heating pad set to LOW. That's what my parents used to do for me. I also recall my mom standing about a foot and a half away from me and pointing a hair-dryer at my ears...that always really helped to get out the excess moisture. I believe the drops are Similisan...they have them at most drugstores.
    ILuvMyBoyz0608

Answer by ILuvMyBoyz0608 at 2:48 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Take her to the doctors...she probably has an ear infection and needs antibiotics.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:30 AM on Oct. 29, 2008