Have any of you become pregnant after a tubal, or know someone who has?

msm2010

Asked by msm2010 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My mother did with me. But that was a long time ago. 33 years to be exact.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes. And she was not too thrilled about it. As a result of the tubal she had an ectopic pregnancy and had to abort the fetus. She and her husband made the choice for no more children, took the steps to ensure it didn't happen, and it did. What really got her was the same place that did the tubal charged her for the abortion because of their failed procedure.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Um hold up. I have had a tubal. YOU SIGN PAPERS saying you understand there is a possibility of pregnancy and risk that it is a tubal. It's not because they did the procedure wrong. And removing a tubal pregnancy is not an abortion. Why are they responsible to cover the risks for free? Thats rediculous. If that's the case when you sign off on breast implant surgery you should get them to pay for them to be removed when they leak.
    My doctor told me he has seen one pregnancy in 13 years.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'm not trying to start a debate. I just am curious if it's possible.
    msm2010

Comment by msm2010 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• my mom did when i was about 13 or 14.. she was pretty upset about it.. she got her tubes tied bc she has weak kidneys and almost died with both my sister and I . but it is possible
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well, we told you, yes it's possible. Can't control what people post. Know one is debating. Just clearing something up.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I had a tubal pregnancy in 1994 then got pregnant in 1997. My son is almost 14 now. :)
    eileenbrigantin

Answer by eileenbrigantin at 10:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I had a tubal in 2005 now im 33 weeks 4 days preggo never went to have them untied
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I had a couple that I had to tell they were pregnant, where she'd had a tubal and he'd had a vasectomy! Biology finds a way! Did you know that an IUD actually has a higher effectiveness rate than a tubal ligation?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Yes she had gotten a tubal and about a year later she had another child.
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:24 AM on Oct. 21, 2010