contractions?

what do contractions feel like?? i didnt start having contractions until i was already on meds with my first pregnancy so i dont really remember what they felt like..... but i have been having a tightening/pull cramping feel in lower stomach?? Not constant but off and on.. 33 weeks preggo and have been on bedrest for almost 4 months for preterm labor..

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it could be either, honestly. To me, my contractions felt like BH until I was about 8 or 9cm. I wouldn't have known I was in labor if they hadn't had a monitor strapped to me that was showing them. Most people say that they feel actual contractions all over, and BH contractions just in parts, but I felt my Braxton Hicks contractions all over, and only felt my actual contractions in my lower abdomen, until I was in transitional labor.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Sounds like braxton hicks contractions. The real ones are super supr tight, your tummy almost changes shape and you have a hard time talking through them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• sounds like boh, but everyone is different. I have three kids and with first two i didnt take any pain meds and it felt different for each one.
    content_mother

Answer by content_mother at 10:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010