To the women that have had a tubal ligation, I have a ?

I had a tubal after I gave birth going on 6 weeks ago. I know some women's first periods after baby are heavy, some aren't. My period has been going on for a week & 1/2 now, & they were normally 5-6 days, & came regularly before I got pregnant. I'm still bleeding pretty heavy. Could it just be my period, or a side effect from the tubal too? Did anyone else have any issues? This period is dragging on way too long!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Health

• It's only been six weeks since you had a baby. Some women aren't done bleeding for 8 to 10 weeks. I don't think it's from the tubal. I did however have some heavy periods in the beginning , but it's been two years since my tubal and they are getting better..
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Its normal sweety I did the same thing.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It's normal considering you just had a baby. I probably bled for about two months after having my daughter.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:12 AM on Oct. 21, 2010