Gestational diabete test incorrect

Ok so I have gestation diabete been testing myself 4 times a day. In the pass couple of days I'm over 120 almost every day. So yesterday I went over my number is 144 after 2 hours, then I go back and check after 15 min and my number jumped to 153, then anodther
15 min I checked again n went up to 165. How in the world my number keep going higher, I tho it supposed to
go down. I did not eat anything during 15 min. Is my test incorrect? I'm using the one touch mini
. Thanks in advance.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no it means what you ate was causing it to jump that high was just taking time getting that high
    alcnic27

Answer by alcnic27 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You can't keep testing every 15 minutes. The numbers getting higher means that something that you ate is raising your levels. You need to watch your carb/sugar intake extremely closely and maintain a good level number. And don't test too often.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I had it with both pregnancies and I am not sure on your numbering but I do know that the monitors are not totally accurate and when i would use different fingers I would get different readings. I questioned the Nurse & she was stumped but didn't disagree with me. I hated going through that testing what a drag it was & glad its over. I wish ya good luck & be careful with your sugar intake & drink those Instant Carnation drinks (with milk) at night before bed to satisfy you if you find you are having to get up in the middle of the night for a snack if you are feeling off. It was recommended & they helped satisfy & are good. Its stressful & that can throw ya off so try not to stress I know its hard.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Thank you ladies, so stress and cause the number to go up? I'm Reno kitchen so I'm a lil stress also at work. I really want to take whole month off. I'm just so tired
    Amy2079

Comment by Amy2079 (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• measure all your carbs, watch them close. if your sugar is to high eat protein. nuts are a life saver (and work the best for me) or meats help too. I have had it with 2 pregnancies and most likely have it this time too. It frustrating but it does get easier as you do it. I write down all my carbs for the day before I eat so I know what to measure out and what to eat. yes it is a pain but it is good for the baby and you. Good look. pasta, rice, and canned fruit makes my sugars jump up fast. I found that over time of counting all my carbs and realizing if I eat those carbs and count them right my numbers would still go too high so I don't eat them. I hope the next few days go better for you.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 3:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2010