What would you do if your husband told you this...

My husband and I have been having problems. Today, he told me that he doesn't want to divorce me but he is only staying with me because of our son. He wants to work on our marriage but ONLY because of our son. He also said that he loves me but not like a husband should love a wife. I am very hurt by this. On one hand, I do want to work on our marriage because I do love him and because of our son, but on the other hand, I want to just go ahead and leave and start a new life. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd work on our marriage for my son.....I know the words hurt, but he was being honest.....If both of you are determined to make your marraige better out of love for your child, as the marriage gets better, you will grow in love for each other...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• At least he told you how he's feeling instead of doing something sneaky behind your back. If you love him, then get counseling and work on your relationship. No marriage is perfect, it always takes work. Good luck to you, I hope you guys are able to work through this rough patch.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If you think it's worth working on, then work on it. If you do, at least you can say that you put in your best effort.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i told my husband that same thing. i stayed and we worked on things together, and now we're in love again. i felt like me any hubby had gone from romantic couple to roommates. he worked way too much and he didn't put any effort into our relationship when he was home. i told him that and he changed. so did i. now we are happy again. things can change if you both work hard. it's not the end of the world, or the end of the road. if you're not willing to put in the work, then leave because it won't work with just one person trying.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Only time will tell if he can fall back in love with you. Therapy and a lot of work. Not sure, I might actually leave.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'd be hurt but I'd also appreciate his honesty. You never know though....him trying for your guys son might actually spark his love bug and get you guys back on track. At least he is willing to work on the marriage:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• counselling helps.. many partners stay with their partners because of the child because it is best to have a family together. but if your not happy and you think you cant save the relationship then it may be time to call its quits.. my friend tried to do this with his girlfriend of 11 years because they had a kid, he would always cheat on her because he just didnt love her that way.. since they broke up recently they actually have a great relationship. she knows of the cheating but somehow has forgiven him.. they are not together more like best friends.. but in the end its up to you to decide, what you think is right.. why dont you ask him what he thinks too??
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• that both of you need time apart to think what you really want out of this marriage.
    desires_place

Answer by desires_place at 10:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• He would come home tomarrow...

To a empty home OR Find his clothes and stuff in the dam yard........

Children, are NOT STUPID.

They know, more than ya think, and if it is a love-less marriage, it will do more damage to your children.

Yall, can probely seperate, in a good manner, and be nice to each-other.

This is like...................getting married because you are pregnant ....2 wrongs do not make a right ?
    (so to speak)
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• STAYING FOR THE KIDS NEVER WORKS BECAUSE THE KIDS START FEELING THE STRESS AND MAY FEEL IT'S THEIR FAULT! GOOD LUCK
    roxannschild

Answer by roxannschild at 11:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010