Anyone have.........

A Pork Loin recipe you can do in the crock pot that is not the normal standard recipe? Kinda looking for something a little different that hopefully even the 5yo would like, Thanks In Advance.

liss05

Asked by liss05 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I pretty much always do my pork loins in the crock pot. I put a little water in the bottom, season it, and cook. Sometimes I just slice it up and serve like roast, I've cooked veggies with it like roast, and sometimes I shred it when it's done and bbq it for sandwiches. You could also pour cream of whatever soup over it (before cooking or after, either works) and shred it - I've only done it once and served it over pasta, kind of like a stroganoff.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:16 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I put BBQ sauce in with it and pull it apart when it's finished, either put it on a bun as a sandwich, or make some sides, like cole slaw, some mac n cheese, garlic toast, and pork n beans... Our boys love it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Mmmm pulled pork rocks! Or shred it up, throw it on top of some noodles with melted cheese. Yummy!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I do the same as mrsleftlane, add a bit of water in the pot, w/ some bbq sauce. Right before getting ready to eat we pull it out, drain the water, shred the meat put back in pot and add more bbq sauce! Great sandwiches! However I know the young ones usually don't care for it too much!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2010