Why is it that in horror movies, the "victims" never go for the...

Why do they almost NEVER kick the "bad guy" in the crotch when they have a chance to get away?! I have seen so many horror movies where I'm like yelling at the screen, "Kick him in the nuts! Kick him!" I think I've only seen it maybe once, though. That's what I would do if I was being attacked lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:07 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• This is why I liked Scream. They called out ALL the stereotypes in horror movies...
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:25 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• lol, they're too busy finding something to trip over and fall down so he can catch them! movies like that annoy me to no end lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Let's not forget the high-heels in the woods!! Seriously?!? TAKE THEM OFF!!!!

And WHY WHY WHY WHY are you still SCREAMING as you are trying to get away???? HE CAN HEAR YOU!!

I love horror (that's a laughable term these days) movies. Hubby's thing is zombies ... we KNOW the RULES!!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:31 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I'd kick him in the nuts and then smash his head in and MAKE SURE HE IS DEAD before I run away. Stupid people just knock them down and then are SHOCKED when he is right behind them again...duh. Kill him right the first time stupids!! lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• kicking someone in the nuts is considered to be letting yourself open.. once you lift your leg its easy for somoene to sweep your other leg or because you have uneven balance all they need to do is push your leg away etc.
    but why they dont.. i guess the same reason why they dont grab weapons or run in the right direction. its meant to make you get angry . in the end we all know what happens.. it sets you up to fail. but i still love horror movies, even though they can be corny . lol
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I never understand why people in horror movies fall down so much. LOL And why do they always run UPstairs?
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 10:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• cuz it wouldnt make for a good movie if they got away.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Especially Friday the 13th....all the victims succumb!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:10 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• YES! I just saw a crotch shot lol! I'm watching The People Under the Stairs for the first time, and I just saw the little kid punch the dad lmao! Wow, talk about weird timing lol. Guess it's my psychic abilities coming out in a weird way haha.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• LOL That's what I was going to say. Why upstairs? You're going to climb out the window? Go out the front door! What's funniest to me is when they go upstairs and pass the front door on the way. I'm not a big fan of horror movies though. My husband is big time into horror, so I have to watch sometimes.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2010