What's the difference between a Cricut expression and the personal cutter?

As far as what they can do, are they equal or can the expression do more?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Expressions is MUCH better..
    Personal: It can cut characters from 1 inch tall up to 5-1/2 inches tall and 11-1/2 inches wide on a 6''x12'' cutting mat.
    Expressions: cuts from 1/4 inch up to 23-1/2 inches
    Expressions has other good functions the expressions doesnt have..

Ive had both- started with a personally & then got an expression along with a gypsy...
    I should have just got the expression from the start. it is ALOT better than expressions..
    I would only suggest personal to people who just simple could never spend the money & can only afford the smaller one... But even if u have to save money for an extra 6mo to get the expressions. it is worth it! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• oops...
    "its ALOT better than PERSONAL**"
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The expression has a bunch more features- a few are it has a repeat, where it cuts the same thing over a few times for thick papers, it has a function where you can fill the sheet with hearts for example! It also has the option to cut on 6x12, 12x12, and 12x24 mats. I like that you can make things bigger with the expressions. Like the PP said it is worth it! I also started with the personal (the expression wasn't even out when I got the personal lol). I also bought the gypsy and it's awesome!! Look them up on ebay just to see what you can find. That is where I got my gypsy for less than 1/2 the price at a craft store and it was new in the box! Just watch the seller's ratings and be careful.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2010