Help!!! Help!!!! Help!!!!!

Hi Ladies
I am new to CF and the group. I am from Sydney(Australia) have been married for 22months and been trying to get pregg for 6months. my Gp suspects i have PCOS but my specialist disagrees. am so confused and disturbed since i have been trying, everybody is telling me to take it easy and am trying to but its not that easy.
pls am open for any helpful suggestions from you lovely moms, warm regards for everyone

bennie08

Asked by bennie08 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Adoption

• Why is this under adoption?

I'm sorry you are so frustrated honest! But what is it you are trying to get from us. Sorry it's not enough! :( hang in there.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Have you tried an ovulation test?
    mom23girls541

Answer by mom23girls541 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• sorry it was a mistake, I meant Pregnancy.

I need to know if anyone had the same prob and how they solved it
    bennie08

Comment by bennie08 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• well, honestly it is normal to try for a year, so you have not even been trying a very long time. your friends are right. the best thing you can do is to relax and stop stressing. start taking otc prenatal vitamins, eat healthy foods, don't drink or smoke. in other words, act as if you're pregnant already. i know someone who was trying 5 years to get pregnant. stressing over it for 5 years. then they gave up and decided they were just going to adopt. they went on a nice vacation to enjoy some last time together as a couple without kids. guess what? she found out she was pregnant a month after they went on vacation. stress is your biggest enemy here so just relax and realize that you're normal
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The drs here (in the US) say not to worry about fertility untill you have been trying for longer than a year unless you know one of you already has issues. It's hard not to stress but try not to, stress also stops the body from getting preggers (or losing weight... anything that would be positive that isn't happening, stress slows or stops it).
    Personally, I would take a break from all doctors about this, have fun trying and in 6 months if no luck, go back to the doctor, maybe a different gyno but wait another 6.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 10:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If your gyn thinks you have PCOS, make sure you are being seen by a doctor who is experienced in dealing with that. It may be harder for you to get pg with that, but it is possible. I know several women with PCOS who got pg without treatment, but many will have to have help. I have endometriosis, and my doctor said he has a better success rate with PCOS than with endo. He does ovarian wedge resections, which is a surgery. I have come to see the infertility as a blessing because it led me to my two kids, who came to us through adoption. I am no longer mad at my body because I now believe it did what God wanted it to do. I had felt that it wasn't "working", but now I believe it worked according to God's plan. I wish you the best of luck. Infertility sucks! GL, hon.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It takes time to concieve. my husband and i tried concieving for a while. it took us about 18 months before we got pregnant with our little man. Just have fun wit it.
    jamesmomma10

Answer by jamesmomma10 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i know it sounds wierd but i drank alot of juice and only juice also use the 14 day before and 14 day after cycle it. my aunt only wanted one child so after the birth of her son she never had sex for a couple of days around 14 days before and 14 days after. and she never had any other type of birth control and no more kids. i also used this when i wanted to have my kids. it does work.
    sttawardnas

Answer by sttawardnas at 8:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Hey there. I have PCOS too, and I found AMAZING treatment for it. The treatment was natural and treated the ROOT issue. You need to research NaPro Technology and The Creighton Model. They are WORLD LEADERS in treating infertility and PCOS
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 9:58 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• My husband and I tried for 8 years to get pregnant, with no success. I went to the GYN numerous of times and they told me every things fine you just need to figure out the times you ovulate. Well, that didn't work so I went to a fertility doctor and he did an ultra sound of my ovaries and found that I have PCOS. So my suggestion to you is go to a fertility doctor and see what she or he has to say. These are some symptoms of PCOS: facial hair growth & acne.
    luvmybgtwins

Answer by luvmybgtwins at 8:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2010