Do you put up with crap from in laws?

Or do you say something? Will your husband say something?

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I speak up for myself. DH has learned to keep his mouth shut unless its to help back me up :) he knows I have the power of the sweet vagina! lol
    mommytobe626

Answer by mommytobe626 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have been married for 4 1/2 years and for the last 2 1/2 have endured a very rocky relationship with my MIL, who constantly says inappropriate things to me, over steps boundaries, and when she doesn't get her way pouts and cries to make me look like a bad person. After 2 years of this causing lots of problems in our marriage my husband FINALLY said something to her, called her on it after she made a really inappropriate comment to me in front of other family. He took her and his father in private and told them he was sick of it, that it would no longer be tolerated. Now I know why it took so long for him to stand up to her-his parents haven't talked to him since-his mother is acting all wounded like her son really mistreated her. Our marriage has never been stronger-I respect my husband for being a man and he realized that letting mommy manipulate him as an adult is no way to live.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Ross 2010 maybe our in-laws are related??
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• never had to deal with "crap" from them but if I ever did I know how to deal with them which will not require DH to be involved however if it requires DH he will step up with me...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i can't stand my sil and she knows it. my husband tries to play peace-maker, but he can't stand her either lol. i treat her cordially (aka cold but don't say anything rude to her). she just has a terrible personality and nobody likes her
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• my hubbys parents are great, but my exs mum was full on. my ex and i were arguing when he was on the phone to her and she heard me swearing. ever since then she was a total bi%%h to me. she even spoke badly of me at one of our mutural friends parties. calling me a sl%^ and crap. i so wanted to hit her but i have more respect then that. It was my friends bday and i didnt want to cause drama.. he unfortunately was a mommas boy and defended her even though i never did anything wrong to her. what is the issues you are facing? have you spoken to hubby? ask him what he thinks .. you have to remember he is their child. but some men are realistic and realise how much hurt their parents are causing.. he needs to talk tothem about their immaturities. you are all adults. why be nasty?
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I do with my MIL, but I'm very adamant and demanding and I don't let her get her way anymore. She totally took over my youngest's first bday party and I let her do it, it's her first grandchild and she actually did a great job. But as far as how my kids are raised, what they're fed, what they wear, what I say goes. She does try to give my youngest (16 months) a bottle when she doesn't think I'm looking, but I told her if I caught her doing it again I'd throw out all the bottles (we weaned her down to nighttime use).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well, she lives about 600 miles away but if she's upset with my husband because he didn't return her call or something, she will post a nice long message to ME about it on FACEBOOK and god forbid if I delete or don't respond lol. I think it's pretty comical actually and I'd much rather deal with that then anything else, so it's not too bad lol. Other than that we get along fine.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• HELLL NO I WILL CUSS THEM OUT. AT FIRST I TRIED GETTING ALONG WITH THEM, BUT WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN THEY STARTED SAYING MY DAUGHTER WASN'T HIS. CAN YOU BELIEVE HIS MOTHER STILL SAYS THAT. WHAT AN ASS!
    roxannschild

Answer by roxannschild at 11:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• the past few months have been kind of rocky.. at first i wouldnt say anything bc i didnt want to be disrespectful and my hubby wouldnt be he has lived with them acting this way all his life.. its just how they are.. but i got sick of it and finally said something to his dad.. not that it stopped him from being rude but he got the point i wasnt going to sit back and take it anymore.. his mom i just look of her drama scenes now.. but when i feel i need to .. i say something bc i realized that i was letting them disrespect me.. and all it was doing was driving a wedge btw my hubby and i .. bc i would be angry he didnt stand up for me..but he would say something in private. it just made me mad that they would disrespect me in front of him or others and they got it politely handed to them.. so i started politely handing it to them where people wouldnt think i was just letting them talk to me like that
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010