• In the Spotlight:

Is it possible to get a negative test even several weeks in to a pregnancy?

Like be a 5 or 6 weeks and still get a negative urine test?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 10:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes. It's possible to get a negative test several months into a pregnancy too.
    Anonymous

• you could....it depends on the level of the hormone which i think decreases as the pregnancy goes on.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes some women give off low HGH. A blood test is needed to be 100% sure. Good luck
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 10:27 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Oh..well damn. LOL

I know about charting and all the bodily stuff, but, I didn't know that about the dang tests. So...my weird period could be that I was, but, my negative test could be all wrong too. Geeze...
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• well, you could go to the dr. and they could feel your tummy to see if you're pregnant or not (well, they'll probably do a blood test too)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well, I had a weird cycle and now I am confused... I don't know if I didn't ovulate this month and threw it off or if I am prenant or if I have cysts or endometriosis.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, home pregnancy tests can give you a false reading mine were always negative and when I had blood work done I would find out I was 8 weeks or a little further along. I would go to the doc's just to be on the safe side .
    Sheleekieije

Answer by Sheleekieije at 10:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I read somewhere that its possible to get -ve result while preg. I suggest you go for another blood test after 2weeks or go for sonography to check if you have cyst or endometriosis. that will help clear the confusion.

bennie08

Answer by bennie08 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My bff, who I do consider a rare case, had negative tests until the end of the first trimester. She always had irregualr cycles so missing one month wasn't uncommon. By the time they gave her an ultrasound, she was just over twelve weeks. She had BFN on all urine and blood tests up to the ultrasound. After the ultrasound she didn't bother testing because she knew she was pregnant. I do wonder if she would have ever gotten a positive result. So yes it is possible. I just don't consider it common.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes. I was seven weeks and five tests in before anything came back positive with my first son.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010