How can I increase my breast milk, wanting to breastfeed so bad but my milk is not that much???

The first 4 days i had alot of milk but now it seems like is going away I have such a little bit and i want to breastfeed my baby so bad I know is so good for the babies please someone knows what can i drink or eat so my breast milk could increase?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• feed or pump 15 minutes on each breast every 3 hours.
    adelinasmommy

Answer by adelinasmommy at 10:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• nurse on demand! you can also pump between feedings. If you dont pump a lot, dont freak...doesnt mean you have a low supple. The machine will never match the naturally stimulation of your baby! also drink a lot of water and eat small healthy meals throughout the day, not just 2 solid meals. you need to increase the calories to breastfeed
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• lol sorry I meant 3 not 2
    Owl_Feather

• soaking your nipples in epsom salt and warm water will help a lot too.
    hlmommy

Answer by hlmommy at 10:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Is your baby wetting 6-8 diapers a day? If so, then you are making enough.

The feeling in your breasts are not a good indicator of how much milk you are making. If baby is getting fed on demand, then, it is like using a straw to drink from a cup while I pour milk in, it won't ever fill up, but, you are getting milk out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Also, feeding baby everytime it makes a peep is how to make more milk, the more baby eats, the more you make.

Never look at the clock or feed on a schedule. Let baby feed off one side per feeding until the baby pulls away on it's own.

Pumping is not a good indicator of how much you are making either.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• There's also fenugreek (I think that's how it's spelled) and mother's milk tea that might get things moving more for you if you want to try them.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Nurse as often as your baby wants and I hear oatmeal is good for milk production. Also, once your milk supply is established, your milk production will seem like it is decreasing bc your breasts don't feel so engourged. Dont give up, and good luck! :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Another thing. If you made enough the first four days, then, you will make enough the next 4 years. LOL You can do it. Keep up the good work. Nursing more will do better than any home remedy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The milk will come in strong and there will be way too much. Then it seems to disappear. But there is milk.

Milk is made by nursing. Your boobs are NOT bladders. They don't fill up and wait to be drained. Just put the baby on and go go go go!

Count diapers. 6+ wets/dirties per day and you are nursing champions.

Yes, the baby will want to nurse all the time. They love nursing. It is delicious and entertaining and it lets baby be with the most awesome person ever-- Mom! healthy normal babies nurse half the day or more.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010