Another question adult content

Along with the 15lbs weight gain, high blood pressure, sugar in the urine...I have noticed over the past week my heartbeat is much more rapid than before. I also have a shortness of breath all the time, constantly feel like I have to pee (yet there is hardly an pee), and lighted headed. I have tried to bring this up to my doctor, but he just tells me to get better and exercise (DUH stupid, I DO!)

Emmalynns_Mommy

Asked by Emmalynns_Mommy at 10:33 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have every single one of those symptoms except for the high blood pressure....never have added that one to my list of issues. lol

Do you drink caffeinated drinks?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• GO SEE A NOTHER DR SWEETY !
    ELMOANN

Answer by ELMOANN at 10:41 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I am not allowed to drink anything other than water. My mom is very strict about this. I am starting to think I really need a new doctor too. It's just finding one that takes state health insurance that will be the hard part
    Emmalynns_Mommy

Comment by Emmalynns_Mommy (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i would switch to another doc.. dont they have more than one in that office??? i would switch to one that AT LEAST listened to me and gave me an explanation.. and if not simply get stern with your current doctor.. excuse me but i am not used to this and i am concerned.. i would like for you to listen to me and help me figure out what is going on.. that will get his attention.. but breath shortness is normal.. and if you dont drink ENOUGH water it can lead to rapid heartbeat and light head.. my doc told me this after i told her i had these issues for a few days.. i thought i was getting PLENTY of water.. i increased my water intake and they went away!
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I drink water all day long. I like to complain that I drink too much water, but there would be no point haha. My doctor has a very small practice, and he is the only doctor in his little office. So the new question is, does anyone know of a good OB in the greater area of Tacoma? That takes patients who only have health insurance through the state?
    Emmalynns_Mommy

Comment by Emmalynns_Mommy (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• If you have glucose in your urine, do you have gestational diabetes? Have you done your glucose tolerance test yet? How far along are you? These symptoms could be related to kidney problems. Your kidneys regulate your blood pressure and hear rate, and they filter your urine (hence the glucose if they're not working properly). You need to make sure you are eating small, frequent meals throughout the day to keep your blood sugar steady (regardless of GD), and that may help (especially with your light headedness). The constant need to pee could be a urinary tract infection, or it could be GD, or it could be that the increased pressure on your bladder is doing that, which is common in pregnancy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:37 AM on Oct. 21, 2010