Anyone else feel just horrible???

When you have to get your child in trouble.. ?? I feel like I am being sooo mean.. especially when she gives me the pouty cry face.. but i know i have to because i want her to know better and to learn not to do things.. but sometimes i just hate getting her in trouble..

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i guess that would be hard but they will thank u latter i know that so many moms and dads just let there kids do what ever and that make them think they can do what ever in life
    jadap024

Answer by jadap024 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Wrong attitude. you are not getting her in trouble. She got herself in trouble. You are doing your job, being a good mother and trying to help her learn what is right and what is wrong and not acceptable.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Yes, I feel the same way sometimes, but at the same time I know that it's the best thing for her to learn right from wrong and to learn to obey her parents so that she doesn't get hurt.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Tootoobusy is correct. Your daughter got herself in trouble. But I know what you mean. It's all too easy to fall for the pouty cry face and give in. Hold strong, mama. None of us like to be the "bad guy" and discipline when needed, but that's part of being a parent, teaching them that there are consequences for actions. We all have to do what is right for our children.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• My son makes a face like his poor little heart was just broken. Then he whimpers, his bottom lip quivers, and then come the tears lol. Yes, it makes me feel horrible!! Unfortunately he's learned this.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i guess you mean punishing right? getting her in trouble sounds like you're telling her to do bad stuff lol. i don't feel bad when i punish them....it is keeping them from doing something dangerous most of the time.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It is hard but you have to go though with it.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 2:30 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's tough and it sucks, but we have to do it. I learned early on to not let the pout face work at all and she knows this. Does she still try? Oh yes. What do we do instead of give in? We laugh and giggle. At first, she started crying, but now she realizes that we're being silly and she laughs with us. Now, she's old enough to be sent to her room if she gets in trouble. Kids have no sense of time, so even just five minutes alone in their room is an eternity and they've learned what happens when they misbehave.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:40 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• lol yes i mean punishing them.. i know she got herself into trouble.. and I have to teach her right from wrong.. sometimes i just do not like to.. i do it regardless however..

jessicarae787- i know how you feel!! poor babies with their broken hearts :( gets me everytime.. but i would rather that than 16 years down the road for her to be walking around completely out of control!
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2010