am i too sensitive??

So yesterday I noticed that im swelling. My face is looking a bit puffy. Well I asked my husband and he said yes it looks puffy. Well all of a sudden he starts teasing me saying things like 'are you having an allergic reaction' well this bothered me and I just looked at him and he was like 'what?' Im like that wasnt very nice and he told me to "lighten" up. Now I know im more sensitive then normal being 25 weeks pregnant but this bothered me. He knows I already feel fat and disgusting so why would he say this to me and think it was funny?? It made me cry and we haven't spoke in 2 hours. What do I do? Am I being too sensitive or is he being insensitive?

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 10:44 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i think you should make him aware how overly sensitive you are right now due to the damn hormones.. also maybe find an article so he can see what you are going through.. men are clueless when it comes to being prego and are even more clueless as to the drastic chianges our bodies go through.. constant changes.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Nanixh is right.. men dont understand our hormones and do not think they are hurting our feelings!! mine says stuff to me and i just explain to him that he needs to make me feel pretty and the chunky comments arent helping.. we are having our baby shower on saturday and its going to be halloween themed.. thought it would be cute for us to go as M&M's he would go as the regular one. I would go as the Peanut M&M (for me and our little guy) and our little girl would go as the Mini M&M.. we sat down to decorate our shirts for the shower a few nights ago and he said ... "Hey Theodore, why dont we go as the chipmonks instead.. but you have to go as the short chunky one" HAHA real funny lol but he didnt mean it as hurtful but my face is puffy too. My mom told me i get Angelina Jolie lips when im expecting lol.. but i told my hubby he needs to make me feel pretty. soo once again i was having my UGH dressing days today CONTINUED
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I am almost 27 weeks and I have serious swelling going on. It's in my face, my hands, my legs, ankles, and feet. It makes you feel like a whale, I know!
    Emmalynns_Mommy

Answer by Emmalynns_Mommy at 10:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It's normal. Men don't understand what it feels like to deal with hormone overload and they think they're sooo funny. Mine says crap to me too. Just brush it off, definitely not worth giving a second thought to.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well he is kind of being insensitive but he is a man who has never really dealt with the things we do esp being pregnant, so you have to teach him...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i dont think men really understand what it's like. i'm sure he didnt mean to hurt your feelings. just make sure he knows how it made you feel and that he shouldnt make fun of how you look.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I say you are being over sensitive.. We all are when we are pregnant,some more than others.. Sorry but the pregnant body is not disgusting, and yes you are supposed to put on weight.. You are pregnant :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Both. He is being insensitive to your sensitivity. And you are sensitive bc you are pregnant and that's a part of it. :) Go tell him that it hurt your feelings, but that you still love him and see what he says.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• and he came in there and told me i was absolutely beautiful.. etc etc etc.. it was sweet and it helped ALOT.. just tell him that he needs to tell you.. especially when you are feeling puffy that you are beautiful.. some women feel beautiful even in there biggest preggo moments and some do not.. I dont.. so he needs to remind me :)
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I do know that im being sensative but sometimes I can't control my hormonal freak outs. Im going to apologize. For being too sensative but let him know those kind of comments really hurt my feelings right now. And I know the pregnant body isn't disgusting but I know all pregnant have them days where nothing fits and your hair is awful and your face is broke out so therefore you feel disgusting ;( I know my hubby loves me and isn't intentionally trying to hurt me. Thanks to those of you who understand what im feeling!
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Oct. 20, 2010