How enviro-friendly are you?

Do you recycle? Upcycle? Garden, organic or not? Vegetarian/Vegan? Tell me if you are and how much. What do you do?

Hollea

Asked by Hollea at 10:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i try to be very eco friendly. i recycle everything lol, and sometimes buy things in containers that you can use again instead of just a box (hey, even recycling uses energy you know?) i garden, but only flowers since my yard is not suited for vegetable garden. i do buy all veggies from the farmer's market which has organic veggies locally grown of course. i am not a vegetarian/vegan (imo that has nothing to do with being eco-friendly). i also use the cfl bulbs when i replace bulbs...buy energystar appliances when we are buying appliances, and if i can walk there with the kids then that's what we do lol. don't like to waste gas. o another great thing is using microfiber clothes and plain water to clean with. a good microfiber cloth with plain water will clean better than a paper towel and chemicals, believe it or not. and i also have a steam mop for the floor so i don't use chemicals there either. let's see...reusable
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I recycle paper at work (I had to demand a blue can lol) and we recycle paper, plastic, and cardboard at home. We try to turn off electrical items when not in use and don't use any more water than is needed. Oh, and I bought a few energy saving light bulbs lol. Go me :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I'm as green as I can be. We do not recycle, but I wish we had the option. Unfortunately, it's not offered anywhere in our area. We are a chemical free household. We don't use disposable maxi pads or tampons, tissues or paper towels, plates, plastic wear or anything similar... LED lights only... And we are switching to Cloth diapers with this baby... I only use organic or eco-friendly cosmetics & toiletries... I would love to garden, but I have a black thumb, nothing ever lives long enough to eat...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:50 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• (cont'd) bags at the store and a brita filter instead of bottled water.....that's all i can think of now lol. i want to get a tankless water heater, but i need to look more into the price for that. i would love solar panels, but that is very expensive so we'll have to save for that ;)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I recycle everything I can whether it is used in the house again or put in the recycling, I take #5 plastics into the city to the local Whole Foods-they make them into toothbrushes, I wash my ziplocs and save them (in my washing machine! because I use eco friendly Charlie's soap), I use washcloths for drying our hands instead of paper towel, I choose energy efficient in whatever I can, I have an indoor herb garden and plan to have a mixed garden next year--as organic as possible, I cloth diaper and am working on switching to cloth for myself, I made all my own organic baby food when my guy was little, I of course use reusable totes at the store, I also have a steam mop which does wonders, I use a micro pad mop with a fillable resovoir in which I put diluted Charlie's Soap, I hope to compost next year for my gardens, I shop resale as often as possible, I buy my produce and meat from local and organic farms along with my eggs.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 11:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• We recycle here at home I have to at work I have lots of canned fruits & veggies we open everyday for the school kids we recycle paper, plastics, we use enegry efficent light bulbs,we turn off everything when it's not being used unplug, we garden so I freeze and can my own food, I don't use paper towels, we have a tankless water heater. I used to be a cloth diapering momma and used wash cloths for baby wipes, we compost, I don't use my dryer unless I have to everything else gets hung up on drying racks, I bought a steam mop to save on chemicals, I use baking soda and vinegar for cleaning. I give everything I can away to someone or to the Goodwill salvation army
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:17 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I reuse and recycle like a mad woman. Compost and garden. I am not a veggie or a vegan, I like my steak. I bring my recycles home from my office as well.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:51 AM on Oct. 22, 2010