What are some good potty training tips?

Im potty training my two year old, she is in panties during the day...but wont go pee all the way on the potty. And when she has to poop, she says she needs to but then hides. HELP!

Kendrewana

Asked by Kendrewana at 11:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i let both of my kids potty train themselves i found it better for them i did introduce them to the potty but never really made them go they know when they are ready to potty train my daughter still wears diapers at night to and shes 3 but she hasnt broke herself from wanting sippies at night good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I wish I had an answer for you hun but I'm in the almost same situation. My son, who is almost 3, will pull down his pants and act like he wants to go in the potty. We can sit there for a couple minutes and he will never go, just stand there. As soon as I pull up his underwear, I let him where them around the house, he will pee all in them. Sometimes I will keep his undies off of him and just let him run around the house naked and then he decides to pee in the floor. So if you get an answer about your question, let me know!
    AuntMommy25

Answer by AuntMommy25 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• my son was 4 when he potty trained himself fully
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• catch her when she has to go lol! make it fun...have a potty training book handy by the toilet! sing a potty song! lots of praise...even for trying...also....keep track of what time she goes poop and potty , usually 20 -30 mins. after big meals. and always try to sit her on the toilet then. a big starter is to atake them to the toilet first thing in the morning....even if you have to wake them up a few minutes early b4 she normally gets up! most of all..if you notice you sit her down to poop and she is not wanting to...give it a moment..but don't force it or she can get constipated, and complexed about going, and put the whole thing off for a while! good luck!
    mojomom2006

Answer by mojomom2006 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• There are two things I learned from the potty training process:

1. It's a process you only have little control over.

2. All of the adults I know are potty trained so it's sure to happen eventually.

You'll get allot of advice but in the end, it's an individual thing. You'll hear "strories" from women who's kids potty trained at a year old, eighteen months, bla, bla, bla. Don't compare yourself or listen to everything you hear.

Just be positive, teach her good toilet habits consistently and eventually she'll get it one day. Even with that, expect an accident once in a while.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 8:01 AM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Take her with you every time you go and let her sit on the potty. Talk to her about what potty training is and praise.....praise......praise....... Not bribe!! Make it exciting!!
    It will happen! Just teach her to wipe from front to back and how much paper to use, show her how to wash her hands afterward, ect..... I agree with the poster pugpin above. Accidents will happen even up to kindergarden. They ask for a change of clothes to be left at school for accidents. Good luck!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 9:11 AM on Oct. 29, 2008