Ever wanted to buy your kid stylish clothes but only find winnie the pooh items?

I dont wanna say I hate cartoon clothing but I do. I truely do. On other kids, its whatever. But I like my kids to have on clothes that are comfy for them but also make them look good! 90% of the time they have no complaints (theyre too lil to anyway). If they dislike something, its a hat or gloves, normal items most kids hate. Do you ever get fustrated with only finding super childish items? and if you do something awesome its a really high price?? I love OldNavy and The Childrens Place and etc but I am thinking of starting my own line since I make a lot of their clothes anyway...But what do yall think??

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 10:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• lol I know what you mean but don't really ever have that problem. I buy most of his clothes at Target and they have super cute (and not cartoonish) clothes. Where do you shop?
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• i gotto tjmaxx and marshalls. they have name brands besides carters and they do have designer names and its not that exspensive and she rarely wears cartoons and if she does its to go to bed or like disney princess. i say go for it. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Honestly I cannot be too picky, most of what my kids wear is second hand. I do not have a problem with winnie the pooh though, or any other character we like.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• There (Target), Old Navy, Gap, The Childrens Place...I can find good stuff, but when other people buy for my kids, its always like CARS or something...I let them sleep those clothes or play in em :) I love for them to look like lil men when we go out
    MommaWoods

Comment by MommaWoods (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well everything I get the boys is clearance lol due to the way I was raised to shop but I dont mind at all! If your budget puts you at second hand clothing, thats fine. What I meant was that I would like to make clothes that are more than affordable for moms/dads wanting to have their kid in rad clothes :)
    MommaWoods

Comment by MommaWoods (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I have the same problem!! I really hate those type of kids clothes too, but those are usually all I can afford. They have loads of sites on-line with trendy cool-looking clothes but they are super expensive. But I have found some cool things pretty cheap, I just go the clearance section on the site. Most do have a clearance section, even if the clothes are out of season (depending on where you live), you could order stuff a size larger and hold onto it for next year. Or when you go to the mall and go into the kids clothing stores like "Children's Place", go directly to the clearance rack if there is one and scour it for deals on cool looking stuff. Or even check out Walmart.com, they have clothes on there that are not quite as mainstream but still cheap and cool looking.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Old Navy is one of the best stores that arent over priced but has really cute clothes. My son is 14m old and I like when he looks like a man. I dont want him a 1piece baby blue outfit with winnie on the front. We roll in Jeans. Dc shoes. Layered Hurley Tees. ;)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I agree, I generally don't buy things with Winnie the Pooh, Toy Story or Mickey Mouse.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Ummm I don't ever have a problem finding my DD un-cartoony clothes....
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I am not a fan of logos or cartoons on kids clothes either I buy a lot of my DS stuff online or at local boutique stores on sale
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 21, 2010