If your worried about the economy bump me and tell me how its effected you?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• my hubbys been outta a job for a year and we got baby number 3 on the way.....we wernt plannin on more but my bc pills failed.....im worried tht he will never find a job and he can do many things....he has his class a......hes worked construction.....and he just recently became a cop but all he can find is security work so im really worried about our income
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• The company I was working for closed in Feb 29 2009, found out 11-08..right before Cristmas...

Hubby's company closed 3-08...he found out right after Christmas

We both were unemployed for a year, now working not make as much and still playing catch up from the year we were out

and damn thankful for our jobs

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:21 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• and also, THANKFUL that unemployment was there

sweet-a-kins

• Hubs was laid off for a bit. It was a rough go but we pulled through. It has affected my in-laws. They lost their business. Which then affected almost everyone but us. We were the only ones in the family who did not work there. It has been rough on them all. We were in no financial situation to help any of them. It is hard to want to help and not be able to.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:34 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Husband was laid off for 6 months, unemployment was a great help, but bills still got behind. He is back at the same job, but they cut everyones salaries, so he is making less and we are still trying to catch up. So we are broke ALL the time. I am grateful for my job, because I did get a raise in April. But between, all the bills we have, and the things the kids need. It seems like we are always going to be behind. We are working on it though, no extras I would love to be caught up by Christmas. I make pretty good money so we can do it, but we won't be able to do anything else.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• My husband's has just been reduced to part-time. He is looking for a full-time job or a 2nd part-time job, but it has been hard. He does not have a set schedule with the first job so it is hard to find a 2nd job to match up. Our benefits are covered by his job so we really are hoping that his hours will not be reduced any further or we could lose health insurance.

We are hanging in there bills wise... but it is a careful balancing act. Fully aware that we are one issue away from disaster. We didn't have enough savings before all this happened so now we just need to weather it the best we can.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 9:33 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• I haven't been able to find a job in years. We live pay check to pay check and soon I'll be a struggling single mom.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• We're hanging in there....knock on wood!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2010