Husbands?

My husband and I have been fighting so much lately about everything. There are days that we don't even talk. I know that he works a lot and has asked me to get a part time job but I have been struggling to do that. I don't want to lose him. But tonight he just kept hanging up the phone on me and finally turned it off. I know that we are both at fault for a lot of things but I wish he would just understand my point of view sometimes. Is there any advice on what I should do. I feel like no matter what I do I am never able to make him happy.

mwallace1023

Asked by mwallace1023 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• As far as your husband hanging up on you and then turning his phone off, it sounds like he needs some alone time. When my husband and I fight he doesn't like to talk about it right away and if I push him to about it then it just makes things 10 times worse. My suggestion give him time to cool off, then get him a really nice 'I love you' card and make him a really nice dinner, if possible get a sitter (if you have kids) that way you guys can have a night for just the two of you. Maybe then you can talk about what you can do for eachother to make the marriage happier. From my experience when I feel like my husband should be acting more supportive of me I look at the situation and realize I need to do the same for him. You said that you know it is both of you, so make the mending start with you-he will follow suit once he realizes you are doing it out of love and that you aren't up to anything.

Every marriage has been ther
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• You are welcome to come to my profile....
    Say "LAURA" invited you.......
    Seems like there is more to this story ????
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I AM IN THE SAME BOAT. MY HUSBAND THINKS THAT EVERY THING I SAY AND DO IS STUPID. SO I ASKED HIM IF I'M STUPID IN YOUR EYES AND I DON'T MAKE YOU HAPPY JUST LEAVE. BOTTOM LINE IS MAKE YOUR SELF HAPPY FIRST. YOUR PEACE OF MIND IS ALWAYS FIRST. GOOD LUCK
    roxannschild

Answer by roxannschild at 11:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• he has told me more than once that it was over and to just move back home to my moms and i don't want to do that
    mwallace1023

Comment by mwallace1023 (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• hmm.. a part of me says do it.. maybe not for good.. but if he is telling you to.. show him that you will.. give it a fews days.. he will realize he was wrong and apologize...... the other part says dont.. sleep in a different room in possible.. and give him a day or so without talking at all.. then plan a night for just you too.. something he will enjoy.. bowling a movie.. etc and then sit him down at the end of the night and tell him that you love him and you want for both of you to move past this hole you are in..
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• It sounds like he is being childish. Cutting the phone and ringer off isn't the right thing to do. What if you had an emergency, how would you reach him? Tell him that you are doing your best to find a part-time job and that you can't make someone hire you. I wish it were that easy. But he shouldn't be bugging you about the situation. It's not going to help matters at all. Maybe he needs a day off.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:53 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• you want him to understand your point view..... but do you try to see his point? this is a two way street dear.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Maybe hes being a jerk because he feels overworked, maybe he has lots of stress at work. Are you on the computer alot? cause that was me and my hubbys prob at one point. You should write him a letter.. i know that sounds dumb but it helps cause they actually have to read what youre trying to say and they cant interrupt you. my husband and i write each other letters when we feel we arent being heard and then we sit down and talk about what we each said to each other in the letters :) its worth a try.
    SaraTafolla

Answer by SaraTafolla at 6:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2010