Breastfeeding mothers

my ten month old is still nursing and hes got a bunch of teeth he dosent bit any more but it seems like he uses he teeth when nurses if any of you have any Ideah that dont include stopping that would be great.

EliasMommyDec09

Asked by EliasMommyDec09 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he has his mouth open wide when he attaches his teeth shouldn't bother you. Some moms don't realize until their babies are older that their babies don't have that great of latch. For humans to have survived we have been nursing our babies until they were between age 3-7, it is normal to nurse children with teeth. Bottles or pacifiers at any age can cause problems with nursing at any age.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:13 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• well if he's not biting, i guess you mean you can feel the teeth when he's nursing, right? you could try to change positions, but i did notice with my daughter i could feel her teeth (it didn't hurt....i could just feel the teeth there), so i changed the way i had my arm and then it felt normal again. just experiment with different holds and pillows to see what might help you. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• I he uses his teeth, he isn't actively sucking, so, put him down until he is ready to nurse again.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Well, I mean not stopping altogether, but taking him off when it hurts, and saying owie or whatever, then letting him try again- until he stops.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2010

• Make sure he is held close to you so he has to keep his mouth wide open and isn't working to hold on to your nipple. Also, I notice that when my dd is asleep and nursing I notice her teeth a lot more, usually tickling her back a little wakes her enough so that she will start actively nursing again and will maintain a good latch.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Thanx for all the advice, I had to nurse my ds before bed and I used the tips I got. It seemed to work nicely. if there are any other tips or oppinions feel free to keep posting.
    EliasMommyDec09

Comment by EliasMommyDec09 (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Oct. 21, 2010

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:07 AM on Oct. 21, 2010